Sunday 17 November 2013

Koh Lanta

I only spent one day in Au Nang before heading on to Koh Lanta.  I had been recommended Koh Lanta a few times on my trip, it is where a lot of Thais go for there beach holidays, I also remembered Emily saying it had been really good.  Koh Lanta is a group of two large islands, close to the main land, you can get access by car ferry.  The main tourist island is the second island, and this is where I was headed.

I got to my hostel (Non La Mer, really nice hostel ran by three women.  Cool chillout area with TV and free tea and coffee, really helpful as well with any questions)  about mid afternoon, decided just to check the beach out, and the next day I would hire a scooter and go exploring.




As you can see from the pictures, as I was outside of peak season, it was very quiet.  I spent my time (4 nights in total in the end) cutting about on my scooter, checking out small Thai villages, markets, old dirt roads leading to old budhist meditation sites.  When I got tired I would head towards the nearest beach grab a fruit smoothie or ice Thai coffee a chillax for a bit :-)  I also got myself into a nice fitness morning routine, I would do a crossfit workout on the beach and then go out for a 20 - 30 min sea swim.  In the evenings I would head to a small Reggae bar with live band, have a few beers and then a drunk call back to Ems... What a life :-) 




A rubber tree! 




Old Town 



My Breakfast mmmmm! :-) 








Sea Gypsie Village 






Cool Restaurant With a tree growing in the middle!











The Thai version of a camper van.  Hammock strung up in the back :-) 














Sadly it was time to move again, almost my first month done already.  I was headed up to Bangkok, explore a bit before I met Emily on the 3rd Nov :-) .

No comments:

Post a Comment