Wednesday 23 October 2013

Singapore








flight passed without incident, and a short journey on the train system I was at my hostel River City Inn.While I waited for my bed to become available I headed out to explore first city on my journey.

I headed back out after a brief sleep, to grab some dinner, when I made the chance encounter with a group of US Navy guys who where looking for a particular bar, as i had seen the bar earlier I said I would lead them there.  As a thank you they said they would get me a beer, which I was more then happy to oblige in taking.  While chatting to one of the group who I directed he tells one of the pub staff to let me grab some food as well and give me a free bar wrist band (later find out this man is the captain of the USS Invincible which is moored up in the harbor!!).  Apparently I had inadvertently stumbled into an officers wet down... which is when a group of officers get there first promotion they put their first months pay increase behind the bar.  I got chatting to a guy called Jeff who was the Only US marine in the group, so obvious we had an good connection..  and the drinking started in earnest.


my hostel 
My first glimpse of the sands bay tower 






A monk wearing a baseball cap!!!

Its me!!!










This was created and promoted by the Singapore tourist board to increase tourism!!!



Que 4am me stumbling into my hostel, minus my wallet, all my cards and my money ahh damn!!!  Next two days spent trying to get new cards and money!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read more about your trip. Great idea to do a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wallet lost through drunkenness or was it stolen? Either way it sounds like you're having fun, take care Steeno. Keep writing... and use the spellcheck...

    ReplyDelete