Thursday 24 October 2013

Singapore Zoo - 4th oct - Updated 26th Oct

Once back at the hostel and I had started to sober up, and then proceeded to talk to the emergency VISA hotline to get an emergency cash transfer and emergency cards sent over/

Fast forward 24 hours and at 9.30 am I fianly have money again, plus I remembered I had also prepared for this eventuallity by hiding an AMEX card in my bad, sadly hardly anywhere takes AMEX!   Anyway after I had my money, made my way to the Singapore Zoo, I have been told it is the best in the world!  I spoke to a local on the tube platform and he said the tour operators rip tourist of and I was much better just heading on the tube and catching a bus the last bit...

As soon as I strode in through the main entrance to the Zoo I had a small monkey swing down from the sign above the gate, slide down and give me an inquisitive look, he then just as quickly dismissed me and turned his back on me.


I seemed to have a certain something with the monkeys in the zoo, as later while I was looking in the Orangutan enclosure he ran up to me as i was kneeled down taking a picture, and he proceeded to stick his bottom limp out to me, showing of what I think was a... lump of his own poo :-/ 



After my visit to the Zoo I can honestly say it is the best zoo I have ever been to... it is the only zoo I can remember being to, but I'm still quite sure that I wont need to visit anymore after this.

My timing looked to be perfect if I headed straight back into the city I could arrive at the Marine Bay tower, just before sunrise, enjoy a cocktail while looking at the amazing panoramic views.... Kind of, apparently after 6pm you cant go in the bar... oh well instead I say on the viewing platform with a cold beer from the souvenir shop and watched the sunset while listening to some chill-out tunes on my Iphone.  

It was breathtaking, the type you see on flashy advertising encouraging you to go away on that incredible city break!!!



 Singapore F1







 Maybe USS Invincible?





1 comment:

  1. You do seem to have a certain something with monkeys. Do you remember the one in Monkey World who had a macho thing going with you?

    ReplyDelete